Operations Control Coordinator - Dispatch
- - FBO/Customer Service/Dispatch
- FL, USA
- Full Time
Description of Duties: The Operations Control Coordinator's primary responsibility is to work effectively with internal and external customers, as well as peers and management, to provide safe and efficient flight support services to the Flight Operations Team. This particular position will focus primarily on dispatch, but will be asked to perform the scheduling and reporting role as required. The Operations Control Coordinator is responsible for providing the highest level of service and will play an active role in the company's Safety Management System. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
• Communicate to pilots, management, and/or other departments all safety related concerns
• Monitor all flight operations and record departure and arrival of all flights
• Use software system (ETA) to perform daily operations related to training and flight activities
• Coordinate and interface with scheduling, line service, maintenance, and managers as appropriate
• Authorize solo flights by reviewing pilot documentation and flight plans
• Initiate emergency action plan procedures and notify appropriate personnel in a timely manner
• Ensure all international and overnight flights have proper documentation filed prior to departure
• Create work orders for aircraft malfunctions
• Verify available resources are in a suitable condition for use
• Utilize checklists to complete tasks such as opening and closing procedures
• Record all incidents in log and complete appropriate forms
• Respond to calls made on the practice area frequency and monitor other frequencies as needed
• Comply with procedures established in FIT Aviation manuals
• Answer and transfer phone calls
• Take pictures of flight students upon completion of ratings or solo flights. Print and post pictures on the bulletin board
• Assist Operations Control Coordinator-Scheduling and Reporting
• Proctor FAA Pilot exams
• Additional duties as assigned
• At least an associate's degree from an accredited college or six months to one year of relevant work experience
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age
• At least a FAA private pilot certificate with an instrument rating
• Computer skills including proficiency in using MS Office applications
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
• Must qualify as FAA Test proctor within 6 months of hire
• Knowledge of Talon-ETA and TFBO software
• Prior customer service experience
• Prior Safety Management Systems experience
Physical and Ergonomic Information and Requirements
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the university may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation. F.I.T. Aviation LLC shall cooperate to the fullest extent to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and any existing State or Federal statutes or regulations governing workplace-employee accommodations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
This document describes the essential functions and knowledge, skills, and abilities required of my position and in no way creates a contract of employment with the university. I understand that my employment with the University is considered at- will, meaning that either the University or I may terminate this employment relationship at any time with or without cause or notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Official transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All international degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We are an E-verify employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media